summer festivities

Wow, I really dropped out of the blogging world there for awhile. But I'm back! Here are some things we've been up to:

At the end of April, I went to Baltimore to attend a conference for work. The hospital I work at is trying to focus on improving care for the elderly. I am currently working on becoming a GRN (Geriatric Resource Nurse). Although it can be challenging at times, I have loved working with the older patients and learning about how I can take better care of them and their families while they are in the hospital.

Devin is studying for the first test of the CPA Exam. He takes his first test July 17th, wish him luck!


We planted our first vegetable garden in May. We had no idea what we were doing, but it was fun. It was hard to believe that anything would really grow from those tiny seeds.



This is what it looks like now.



Devin took me golfing for my birthday.


A couple of friends came over to visit me, and we made delicious crepes with fruit. Mmmm.


Playing with Taylor and Alli while Lindsi and Andy went to a Real Soccer game.



We finally got grass in our front yard! It's starting to look like a real home now.


I planted some flowers, and once again had no idea what I was doing, but I'm learning. I don't know what is so fun about digging in the dirt all day, but I love it. It's such a good excuse to go outside instead of staying inside and cleaning my house.


We went to Jackson Hole for Devin's birthday. We had to cut the trip a little short, but it was still fun! We went river rafting and made tin foil dinners afterwards.

Thanks Travis for being the sacrificial lamb. Our raft was filling up with water, so we had to stop and dump it. The water was so cold.

My cousin Mark in his element. Thanks Mark for being our river guide, we surely couldn't have done it without you.

8 comments:

Clark and Katie said...

Kati...there you are. Looks like fun rafting, love your house and garden, and jealous that you see friends!

She Loves To Make said...

Your house is looking so cute! I love your little garden and flowers.
I have always wanted to go river rafting! That looks like so much fun!

The 5 Wolzie's said...

Glad to get the update!! I'm just a little behind on blogging too....try 9 months.....ugh! we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Tarisa said...

Looks like you have had some great times! I love your flowers and your garden. You are one good homemaker. Hope all is well with you.

lindsi said...

Thanks again for watching the kiddos so we could go out! Love the pictures of your rafting trip...especially the one of Mark!

Mike said...

Devin: You golf? That must be new right? For some reason I remember you being quite dismissive about our invitations for you to join us on the golf course that summer we lived together.

Kati: How fun that you got to go to Baltimore. Did you get to see any sights while you were there? We visited once and loved that city.

Travis said...

That was a fun trip. Thanks for putting that together. I think we're all finally thawed now. good times. See you in Oregon.

Dax and Jen said...

So jealous of the house, the garden, the grass, the fun summer activities!