I haven't blogged for so long, I almost decided to give up on it completely. But for the sake of preserving family memories, I changed my mind. I have so much catching up to do, I don't know where to start. So sorry for the bombardment of pictures!

































































Lincoln is now 8 1/2 months and is growing faster every day. He scoots around the house so fast, I am on my toes constantly trying to keep track of him. He loves playing peek-a-boo, riding on daddy's shoulders, and getting attention from all the ladies at church. He is laughing or smiling most the time. His cheeks are so chubby, I probably give him 200 kisses everyday.
I love being a mother. For awhile there, I feel like I lost myself a little. Having a baby is harder than I ever imagined. But now I have found myself again in the midst of all the laundry piles stacking up, the stretch marks on my tummy and hips, the list of things-to-do with nothing crossed off, and the never-ending bags of dirty diapers to take out to the garbage. I have realized that I need to slow down, focus on the things that matter most, and enjoy the time that I have with just the three of us. I still have other hats I wear sometimes: the nurse, the relief society teacher, the sister and aunt, the neighbor, etc. But a mother is who I am now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.




3 comments:

Clark and Katie said...

My dear friend!!!! So good to see pictures of little LIncoln. Except he isn't little anymore, he's so BIG. Can't wait to see him! And...I hear you about the stretch marks. That dumb lotion that is supposed to prevent them doesn't work!

Nina said...

Loved this! Being a mom is amazing, but I know what you mean. It can be really overwhelming, but is the best thing ever. I think it helps as they get older and recognize that you're their mom. :) Lincoln is so so so cute! And I hate laundry, it never ends! Even when you do it all in one day, when you go to bed, the hamper is half full again already. But you're right, focusing on the good stuff is what matters. Love the pictures of you all, you look great! Miss you!!

Hawaii Monkeys said...

Amen! Laundry stinks!! :) Love you! I still need to meet that lil' guy! Hope your house is doing ok?!